Generally speaking, anyone can get Life Insurance, but there are limits.
I will speak in general terms about most of the factors involving getting covered by Life Insurance, because there are many exceptions. That is why, as a Field Underwriter, I can help guide my clients in the right direction. But the final say is with the Company Underwriter. Most of the policies that I field underwrite do get approved because I know what most of the health and occupational ‘red flags’ are.
- AGE – Since I represent multiple A-Rated Life Insurance Carriers, I know that most of my companies will insure clients from 2 weeks to 85 years old. But keep in mind that the older you become the higher will be the cost, so the best time to buy is NOW before you get any older.
- HEALTH – I tell people all the time that they ‘are only one prescription away from not being able to get Standard Coverage’. Get it while you are healthy. However, most general illnesses will not block you from getting Standard Coverage Life Insurance. There are the big ones like: cancer, stroke, heart disease, dementia, and diabetes. You still may be able to get Standard Coverage but the time of first diagnosis is a factor.
- COVID-19 – Carriers WILL cover you after Covid, but you must have a clean health record for a 90-day waiting period.
- SMOKING – This will not block you from getting insurance but will definitely increase your cost.
- OCCUPATION – Some occupations are considered ‘hazardous’ and may disqualify you or cause you to have a ‘Rated Policy’, meaning it will cost you more.
- TRAVEL – If you are planning to travel to a country that is deemed to be ‘High Risk’ then it could completely block you from gaining Standard Insurance.
- GUARANTEED INSURANCE – If you are unable to get Standard Issue Life Insurance you can still get Guarantee Issue Whole Life Insurance and with NO medical questions. Yes, it will cost a little more but if you need insurance it is worth it.
Having a full-service Field Underwriter becomes very important when you consider just these few factors. I will be happy to give a free consultation and guide you in the right direction. Act now.